Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What a finale!

That was impressive last night. I really like how the Heroes fight scenes are fairly realistic and not hokey with a bunch of flying, jumping special affects (although I really would like to have seen an experienced Sylar vs. experienced Peter slugfest in "String Theory").

My personal theories:

Hiro's father's power is immortality (or really old age) and he's the Blue Knight that Hiro sees at the end.

Nathan's not dead (seriously, why wouldn't he just let Peter go and fly around up there... I'm a little bummed by the ending because of that)

Sylar's alive (this was clearly implied by the blood trail to the open manhole... I was sitting there telling my wife last night, "I don't care how sad I am about Nathan, I'm putting bullet after bullet in to Sylar's head"... BTW: Didn't Ted shoot Sylar before and Sylar took off... maybe he's got some form of pseudo-invulnerability... Other possibilities are that someone drug his body off for experimentation)

Angela Petrelli has a power (this is pretty obvious... although one wonders what it is? I'm pretty sure I read an interview that said it would be addressed by season end so I wonder if maybe I missed something last night... Maybe she influences emotions?)

Next year's villain is the "person worse than the boogeyman" that Molly refers to... I think this is a completely unseen person...

Anyother things I've left off?

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Nick Manning said...

I wonder if Sylar will come into contact with the villain worse than the boogeyman, the bad person that can see Molly when she sees him. Maybe that villain took Sylar into the manhole. So many questions, so many ways this could go. I almost never buy TV shows on DVD but I think I will buy Heroes when it comes out in August, just so I can rewatch everything and hopefully see some cool behind the scenes stuff.

I was thinking something similar about Hiro's father.

I wrote this on a Heroes forum. What do you think?

"I think Peter isn’t that bright because the above suggestion (he flies away himself) would have worked. I think Fear is the reason Peter can’t control Ted’s power. Anytime Peter is truly afraid he struggles until someone convinces him he can do something. He’s a weak guy who wants to be strong but needs others to boost his confidence. It is that personal battle that makes me satisfied that he didn’t just fly away on his own. We all think we would be so smart or brave or clever if we were in such a situation but obviously these gifts are carried by people who have serious flaws. Look at Sylar for example. He can do anything but he’s still got mommy issues big time and it makes him a killer. Claire is smart but weak. Parkman is strong but not very smart. Bennett is the smartest and strongest willed but has no super power. Suresh, too. It’s almost like you gain a super power, lose some intelligence. Hiro is weak but has tremendous ability. Ando is confident and bold and has no power. The normal characters carry the strength. The Heroes just wield their abilities but often in foolish or careless ways. It’s an interesting dilemma. No Professor X here. Linderman was smart but wreckless and it got him killed. It’s like pro athletes that have the world at their fingertips, money, fame, athleticism yet can’t get out of their own way. They need smart coaches who usually weren’t good athletes to lead them."

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Nick Manning said...

I may have just convinced myself that Fear isn't necessarily what Peter's problem is, because he might have brought Ted's power back under control once Nathan calmed him down. Maybe not. I don't know. I don't get Peter. I can't wait until he becomes badass Peter that can fight, but on the flip side I like funny awkward Hiro as opposed to badass Hiro.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Nick Manning said...

Check out some of the articles and comments at heroestheseries.com. Some people have good questions and theories. Others, not so much, but it's cool to know wo many people like the show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home