Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Hurricanes and Hurricanes and... Hurricanes? Oh My

I've lived in Florida all my life and this is by far the craziest Hurricane season I can remember. Already we've had 9 named storms while a "typical" hurricane season has 10 and doesn't peak until mid September. Bonnie, Charlie and Frances all hit Florida with varying degrees of force. We got really lucky with Frances that it weakened and sped up a little before it hit. At one point it was 145mph winds moving at 4mph but by the time it made land fall it was more like 115 and 8mph so that damage was alot less then it could have been.

We're still watching Ivan but it appears that it will go a little South of us.

I'm going to be working on the JEHPR today and posting my preliminary results tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home