Wednesday, June 09, 2004

From the "Wuh-Huh" department installment #3

Apparently, Larry Bird thinks white athletes are strictly inferior to black athletes, at least in terms of basketball.

The headline is about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson stating that they think there needs to be more white stars in the NBA. He pretty much makes that an economic statemtent that you can find little fault with. The bigger bombshell is his revelation that he was insulted whenever a coach would assign a "white guy" to guard him.

"As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me -- red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game."

I'm so dumbfounded by the ignorance of that statement that I'm shocked. He's essentially saying that, not only are whites inferior then blacks, but that he's the best white guy and no other white guy could ever be worthy of guarding him. Maybe Woody was right about Larry every time he made fun of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home