Saturday, June 05, 2004

3rd Harry Potter movie...

Everyone who reads and loves a book hates to see the movie. The writer of a screenplay always has to give consideration to time and exposition that the writer of a novel doesn't usually need to worry about. This movie was no exception but it was still well done and reasonably well acted. A couple pet peeves I had:
There was never an explanation of the four friends and there was never an explanation of the nicknames (so if you watched the movie in a vacuum you'd never realize who the creator's of the marauder's map are).

I would like to have seen more from Gary Oldman but that'll have to wait until the next one I suppose. Usually, when I see something fantastic my interest is rekindled in that particular subject matter but I'm really no more excited about the 6th book today then I was yesterday.

For the record there's 217k hits for Emma Watson on google vs. 393k for Hillary Duff. Maybe I'll check again in a month and see if that changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home