Saturday, June 05, 2004

City of Heroes

I've been playing alot of city of heroes lately (as I'm sure my wife will tell you). I was very leery at first because it seemed like another Shadowbane. Fantastic graphics and character flexibility at the expense of any kind of content. Well, I've got a lvl 15 character now and I don't anticipate stopping any time soon. The missions are fantastic and there's a great diversity of opponents to fight but the real drawing point is the story arcs.

Every character has a number of contacts that are different for each origin type (and differ based on some decisions you make during the game). Those contacts give you missions but the neat thing is that each of the missions has very detailed and interesting stories... On top of all that eventually you get arch enemies that track you down completely seperate from the missions... very cool... I'll be renewing my (brother's) subscription I think.