Thursday, August 04, 2005

Guild Wars

I've been playing alot of Guild Wars lately and I highly recommend it. There's a couple things that separate this game from its competition
(Everquest and the like).

First, there's no monthly fee. I know... I was shocked too. There business model calls for ever continued expansions of both free and for pay content. That news alone caused my ears to perk up

Second, the server's are (apparently) completely stable. I have experienced no downtime in the last week and have seen no complaints of downtime on any of the forums.

Finally, the game is almost like two games in one. You can start a lvl 20 (the highest lvl currently attainable) character any time. There are a number of pre-set choices that you can choose or you can create your own. However, if you create your own you have access only to those abilities that you've "Unlocked" playing the RPG side of the game. This sounds like it forces you to group and play with other people but that's actually not really necessary as there are henchman available for hire in most cities.

If anyone is looking for a change I think Guild Wars is a pretty good place to look ($40 on Amazon, $50 at BestBuy or from the plaync.com
website).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home