Monday, September 26, 2005

It's a blob!

I just got back from the first ultrasound of my wife. The ultra-sound
technology is wayyy better then you see in the movies. You can clearly
see the baby... two arms, two legs and a head. The blood flow is
visible (sort of a swirly mass in the center of the baby) and you can
kind of make out a face (admittedly, the "face" could just be a lucky
confluence of static a la the face on Mars). All that detail is
visible despite the baby being less than 2cm (1.88cm to be precise).
The due date is May 6th and my wife and I are pretty psyched. We had
thought there was a chance that she was having twins (showing early,
bad nausea and a sister who's had twins all made it seem plausible).
We were both just a tiny bit bummed that it wasn't twins...

Just wanted to share my joy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home