Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Markets

I find myself exploring the wonderful world of POSs in EVE. Having grinded ALMOST enough faction to get my POS up and running, I'm exploring what all is required, and I'm finding (again!) a new world of ridiculous complexity awaiting me. Turns out, the following is what's needed for a POS.

Determine a control tower (probably Caldari due to the CPU but I'm considering Gallente to hedge against the goons killing Ice again).
Figure out what you can fit in the tower based on CPU and Powergrid available from your tower.
Figure out what kind of bare bones defenses you can field just to provide deterrent to griefers.
Find a system that works for you.
Find a moon in that system that is unoccupied.
Arrange everything. Apparently this involves 30 minutes to an hour of moving stuff around and anchoring fun.

All in all, the investment looks to be about 200-250 million isk in capital costs (tower, labs, assembly arrays and defenses) with a fuel requirement of approximately 100mil per month.

I should be able to fairly easily cover that. But the complexity is a bit daunting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home